Location: Sangay National Park
Altos del Pastaza Lodge
- *Most meals are included
- Pure water for drinking
- A native naturalistic guide
- An english speaking guide
- Canoe rides and tubing
- Tips for the staff
- National Park Fees
- Personal jungle equipment
Accomodation and facilities:
- 24 rainforest rooms, divided into single and double, and triple occupancy
- The lodge was built with material which respect the ecosystem, and at the same time give our guest comfort.
- "Altos Del Pastaza" rainforest lodge's rooms are scattered on our 76 hectares of primary rainforest, where we have protected and remained intact for centuries.
- All rooms have a perfect view to the rainforest reserve and to the majestic "Pastaza River"
- The rooms have private restrooms, hot and cold showers, reclining chairs; electricity or candles as you wish, giving you a fascinating atmosphere at the inimitable rain forest sound.
- There is a nice chlorinated swimming pool where you can refresh yourself from the exuberant rainforest heat.
- You will also find a "Card room", small library, fireplace where you play chess and other interesting games, read books, you can enjoy the company of others guests.
- We do have bar tender services. Our hours are posted in the information booklet in your room.
- The Lodge also has a natural pool, where you can refresh yourself from the exuberant rainforest heat; we also share the Pastaza and Puyo river shore sides, where we will go of part of our Excursions.
- There is a gift and handicraft and shop.
- Laundry services.
Summary of Activities:
- Jungle treks
- Kichwa community experience
- Night excursions
- Blow gun's practice
- Body Painting
Location and Transportation:
- Altos del Pastaza is located in the Amazon Rainforest of Ecuador, Pastaza province: 5 hours from Quito, 8 hours from Guayaquil, 1 ½ hour from “Baños” village, and 40 minutes south from “Puyo” city by bus.
- You can reach us by land and by air, its entrance: Km 16 route Puyo-Macas Cities. Our unique rainforest eco-lodge and reserve is located on an upper Amazon basin overlooking the majestic "Pastaza" River, where you can also appreciate the Amazon Rainforest reserve, the “Sangay” National Park and the “Sangay”, the “Altar”, and the “Tungurahua” Volcanoes. You will also have the chance to see the merging of the Puyo River into the Majestic Pastaza River.
Our bilingual staff will be waiting for you at the Quito or Guayaquil international airports and/or pick you up at the Puyo Bus Station to drive you to the Lodge. You may also request to be picked up at your hotel.
The road from Quito or Guayaquil to its entrance Km 16 route Puyo-Macas Cities is paved, and from Km 16 route Puyo-Macas Cities to our lodge is being just paved, so you can have a safe and enjoyable journey.
Itinerary Program for Altos del Pastaza:
5 days and 4 nights.
Shorter options are available; ask your travel professional about other options.
Day 1: 2:30 pm: Check in.
2:40 pm: Welcome drink in the Lodge
(Lunch on the first day is not included in the package –Additional price: US$13 Adult/ US$7 Children)
- Introduction and small tour around the Lodge
- Back at the Lodge: refreshing bath in the swimming pool
- Opportunity to take picture of the sunset
- Bar service in our bars: “sun set” bar and “edge of the earth” Bar’s terrace
7:30 pm Dinner
8:00 pm: Free evening, resting time and scheduling of the following day’s activities
Day 2: 07:30 – 08:30 am Breakfast
09:00 Walk down the reserve
12:30 pm Lunch back at the Lodge
- Visit of the natural swimming pool
- Visit of the primary Rainforest – Observation of fauna and flora as well as the dinosaur tree.
- Walk along the Pastaza river
2:00 pm Afternoon at the Hola Vida waterfall: nice walk followed by a refreshing bath
4:00 pm Visit to a Kichwa community, cultural exchange (music and dancing for groups of 20 people and over, please see the Important Notes section) demonstration of how to use the typical hunting blow-gun, opportunity to take nice pictures, explanation about the medicinal plants of the Amazon Rainforest and if you wish an indigenous lady can also paint your face with natural products as indigenous traditionally do.
7:30 pm Dinner
9:00 pm Documentary movie on the Amazon Rainforest
Day 3: 07:30 – 8:30 am Breakfast
09:30: Free time to enjoy the Lodge facilities (swimming pool, bar, game room...) and excursion to the heights of the reserve
12:30 pm Lunch back at the Lodge
2:30 pm: Visit to “Golondrinas” Waterfalls (observation of fauna and flora) for the people who are after a bit of adventure and adrenaline. For children, seniors and those who don’t like walking much or have a weak physical condition, the afternoon activity also include a visit to see the Giant Fishes from the “Tarqui” Association. Then, you would go and visit another Kichwa indigenous community where you can purchase some local handmade jewelry, natural remedies and crafts as well as enjoy the indigenous atmosphere. Shamanic cleansing is available. 7:30 pm Dinner
07:30 – 08:30 am Breakfast
09:00 – 17:00 am Tour to the city of Puyo and its best tourist points: the exotic and tropical birds, and Yanacocha, the animal rescue center. In this option, you will be having lunch in a prestigious restaurant in Puyo (lunch included in the package)
We also offer two other options on this day to our guests depending on their personal interest:
Option 1- 09:00 – 17:00 Excursion to the “Hidden” waterfall passing through the village of “Pomona”. This is an all-day tour so that we will give you a lunch box to take away with you (this excursion is included in our packages)
Option 2- 09:00 – 19:00 Excursion to the Shuar Centre “Consuelo” and to the “Tayos” caves. This excursion includes either a typical lunch or a lunch box (Please note that this excursion is not included in our packages, but if you are interested, please contact us for prices and make sure you confirm this tour with anticipation)
Day 5: 07:30 – 08:30 am Breakfast
10:00 am Check out
The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without warning due to weather conditions, National Park regulations or unforeseeable circumstances.