When you are getting ready to venture in the rainforest there are some things which you will want to bring with to make your time there more enjoyable. A lot of these are items you would normally have on you while traveling, but others will make a big difference... for example Insect Repellent!
It is also advisable to check with your physician about any recommended vaccinations or medications you should have prior to going to the Ecuadorian Amazon.
- Sweater or Pull over
- Fast Drying clothes are better
- Pants (2 or 3 pairs)
- Shirts Long-sleeved (2 or 3)
- T-shirts (2 or 3)
- Hat (wide brim is better)
- Good Tennis shoes or Hiking boots (2 pair is best, because one pair can dry while you are using the other)
- Sandals for around the lodge
- Plenty of extra socks
- Small Day Pack for excursions
- Rain Jacket or Poncho
- Sun Block
- Sun glasses
- Insect Repellent (also taking vitamin B6 and B12 a week before the trip will help)
- Plastic Bags (well sealing) to protect passports, camera, etc.
- Flashlight / Torch
- Batteries for lights and cameras
- Battery Chargers for places which will have partial electricity available
- Rubber Boots (most lodges will provide boots up to size 43 / 11
- Good binoculars for spotting birds and other animals.
- Large Plastic back (rain-proof backpack)
- Personal Toiletries
- Copy of your passport
- Extra money for park permits, alcohol and soft drinks, and tips (US$)
There is a 44-pound (20kg) per person baggage weight limit on the flights
Copyright 2006 ©dreamkapture.com ® All Rights Reserved